Things Every Traveler Wishes They Owned
We love traveling, but let’s face it: there are some things that would make the trip a whole lot easier. Case in point: sweatpants that are both comfortable AND socially acceptable.
Hooray for our friends at Buzzfeed for granting our travel wishes and rounding up a list of things every traveler wishes they owned, including:
- A scarf with hidden pockets for passports, money and other valuables
- Gold foil maps to scratch off the places you’ve been
- Sanitizing case for your travel toothbrush
- iPhone charger bracelet
Wait, so you’re saying there’s a way to travel without getting lint and hairballs on my toothbrush? Who knew…?
50 states, 50 spots for 2014
New year = new travel adventures! CNN named 50 spots in each of the 50 states that are visit-worthy in 2014, including:
- Hopping aboard Hogwart’s Express and visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida
- Playing around at the International Orangutan Center in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Celebrate 60 years of rock ‘n roll in Memphis, Tennessee
- Stroll along the San Antonio River Walk
You know what’s better than dinner and a show on a Friday night? Dinner and a show for TWO!
Broadway Week is happening in New York January 21 - February 6, and tickets are now on sale at 2-for-1 pricing for performances of Jersey Boys, The Lion King, Phantom of the Opera, Rock of Ages and SO much more!
Travel Accessories That Will Make Your Life Easier
Thanksgiving Travel Stats
And the survey says…39 percent of you will be traveling this Thanksgiving! Check out TripAdvisor’s other statistics about Turkey Day travel this year, including budget increases, more Black Friday shoppers and avoiding holiday stress.
Our favorite stat? The most-popular Thanksgiving destinations are all megabus.com cities!
- New York City
- Washington, D.C.
- Los Angeles
- Boston & San Francisco
Thanksgiving Parades 2013
Thanksgiving: a day for family, football and, of course, eating. If you’re looking to travel this year…and avoid the food coma…check out some of the Thanksgiving parades happening in a megabus.com city near you!
Cures for the Chronic Overpacker
"I packed WAY too much. I didn’t wear half of the clothes I brought."
Don’t worry; we’ve all been there. But if you suffer from chronic overpacking, there may be a cure! Actually, there are several:
- Pack things that can be worn more than once to maximize your luggage space and save room for souvenirs.
- Minimize electronics. With megabus.com’s free Wi-Fi and power outlets, it’s easy to get carried away by bringing your cell phone, tablet, computer and camera, but try to stick with only the essentials.
- Bring multipurpose toiletries. When space is tight, shampoo/conditioner combos can be your best friend.
- Pack half the clothes and twice the money. You probably won’t regret it.
- Bring only the things you love to wear. If you need to dig something out of the closet that hasn’t been worn for five years, chances are you won’t grab it out of your suitcase, either.
And don’t forget, with megabus.com, you’re allowed one 50-lb. suitcase and one small carry-on. Happy travels!
Visit a Spooky City
This Halloween, put down the candy corn and start planning your SCAREcation for a truly spooky experience! Known as “The Most Haunted City in America,” visit New Orleans for ghostly tours through the French Quarter, street parties alongside “spirits” and the Krewe of Boo Halloween parade throughout downtown NOLA and the Warehouse Arts District.
58 Extraordinary Coffee Shops Around America
The return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte season has us looking for our caffeine fix! Whether you prefer iced coffee, espresso or something in-between, check out this list of 58 Extraordinary Coffee Shops Around America, serving up the freshest beans and brews from coast to coast.
(Intelligentsia, found in Los Angeles, New York and Chicago, serves rich cappuccinos with 5 percent milk.)
Major League Monday: NHL Edition
The weather is getting colder and we’ve got ICE on the brain! NHL is back for the 2013-2014 season and we can’t wait to tune in to this week’s megabus.com city matchups:
- New York Rangers vs. Los Angeles Kings
- Minnesota Wild vs. Nashville Predators
- New York Rangers vs. San Jose Sharks
- Chicago Blackhawks vs. St. Louis Blues
- Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Nashville Predators
- Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres
- New York Islanders vs. Chicago Blackhawks
- Boston Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets
- Philadelphia Flyers vs. Detroit Red Wings
- New York Rangers vs. St. Louis Blues
- New York Islanders vs. Nashville Predators
- Buffalo Sabres vs. Chicago Blackhawks
- Dallas Stars vs. Minnesota Wild
Want to catch all the high-sticking and goal-scoring action live? Visit megabus.com and start planning your trip to the arena today!